May is Women’s Health Month, a reminder to focus on making health a priority for women of all ages. Adelante Healthcare believes in empowering women to prioritize their health and help women understand what steps they can take to improve their health.
Because mothers, sisters, daughters, grandmothers, and all women are so critical to the health of our families and our communities, we want to bring attention to the small steps each of us can take to get well, be well and live well.
Here are a few things you can do to focus on your health:
- Visit your healthcare provider for a well-woman visit (checkup), preventive screenings, and vaccines.
- Get active, as health can be positively impacted by activity level.
- Eat healthy, as nutrition plays a vital role in overall health.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, not wearing a seat belt or bicycle helmet, and texting while driving.
Most importantly, be proactive with your health. Contact your provider to discuss the appropriate screenings based on your age, or call us at 480-964-2273 to schedule an appointment.