Flu Season is Here, It’s Time to Get Vaccinated.
Flu season is here. And that means it’s time for annual flu vaccinations.
Why should you get a flu vaccination? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are many potential benefits.
- Flu vaccination can keep you from getting sick with flu. In 2019-2020, flu vaccination prevented an estimated 7.5 million influenza illnesses.
- Flu vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce the severity of illness in people who still get sick.
- Flu vaccination is an important preventive tool for people with certain chronic health conditions. Whether its heart disease, chronic lung disease, diabetes or other conditions flu vaccination has been shown in separate studies to be associated with reduced hospitalizations from a worsening of their chronic condition.
- Flu vaccination during pregnancy helps protect pregnant people from flu during and after pregnancy and helps protect their infants from flu in their first few months of life.
- Flu vaccine can be lifesaving in children. A 2022 study showed that flu vaccination reduced children’s risk of severe life-threatening influenza by 75%.
- Getting vaccinated yourself may also protect people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.
Adelante is hosting a series of vaccination events in October and November. At Fluchella you will be able to get the current influenza vaccination with no appointment and no cost to you.
Visit our event page for more, or select a specific location below: